What is World Halal Conference (WHC)?
The 11th World Halal Conference (WHC), a Thought Leadership platfom has become an established part of the calendar in Malaysia. It is one of Government's strategies to make Malaysia as a global halal hub. WHC 2019 brings together Head of Governments, academia and captains of industry to hold talks and discussions, to explore and deliberate on issues relating to the development of Halal Economy.This event is the platform for us to examine the opportunities and challenges that lie before us as we build for the future.
- When and where will it be held?
The Conference and Parallel sessions will be held on 3 & 4 April 2019 at Level 1, Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Who is behind WHC 2019?
WHC 2019 is organised by the Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) and hosted by Ministry of Economic Affairs, Malaysia.
- World Halal Conference 2019 Theme :
Fostering A Robust Halal Economy: Global Integration and Ethical Practice
The Halal industry has always been of paramount importance to Malaysia as a Muslim-majority country. The Muslim population worldwide translates into a rising international demand for Halal products and services. Halal is accepted as a truly global industry and this ever-increasing globalization represents a vibrant opportunity for the global economy.
Nevertheless, it also presents several challenges, to do with global attitudes and rapid technological change; hence it causes important responsibilities concerning the ethical governance and its harmonised regulation worldwide. With the current technology revolution, global integration becomes sudden and borderless. This is where by fostering a robust Halal Economy, these challenges can be diminished.
WHC 2019 is the Thought Leadership platform to take realization forward in demonstrating that the Halal Economy has a vital role to assume its potential within the wider global economic returns.
- What are the highlights of WHC 2019?
The two-day event will feature:
1. Ambassadors Session : Leveraging the Halal Industry to Boost Global Integration (3 April 2019)
2. Ministerial Panel : Global Halal Economic Revolution (3 April 2019)
3. Business Luncheon - By Invitation Only (3 April 2019)
4. In Conversation With (3 April 2019)
5. Captains of Industry Panel : Global Halal Industry in 2030 – A Vision (3 April 2019)
6. Thought Leadership Parallel Session
- Opportunities in Halal Industry : Indonesia, Vietnam and UAE – By Invitation (3 April 2019)
7. Contribution of Islamic Social Finance Towards Halal Economic Growth (4 April 2019)
8. Shaping A Sustainable Halal Ecosystem (4 April 2019)
9. Shaping The Future of Halal Healthcare (4 April 2019)
10. Emerging Halal Sector ( 4 April 2019)
11. Thought Leadership Parallel Session
- Modest Fashion : Growing Your Halal Business – By Invitation (4 April 2019)
- What are the objectives of WHC 2019?
1. Platform for global halal stakeholders to examine the opportunities and challenges within the Halal ecosystem.
2. To provide conference platforms based on thought leadership to industry players to create business networks and deliberate on potential and challenges in the development of Halal economy.
- Who are among the renowned speakers for the WHC 2019?
Some of the renowned speakers and panellists expected at the WHC 2019 include:
- H.E. Jesper Vahr, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Denmark
- H.E. Andrew John Lech Goledzinowski AM, High Commissioner of Australia
- H.E. Khalid Ghanim Mohammad Alghaith, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of United Arab Emirates
- The Hon. Dato' Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali, Minister of Economic Affairs, Malaysia
- H.E. Abdulgani M. Macatoman, Undersecretary, Special Concerns Concurrent Undersecretary, Trade and Promotions Group, Department of Trade & Industry Republic of Philippines
- H.E. Yong-Rae Kim, Deputy Minister for Trade, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy Republic of Korea
- Mr. Mohamed Geraldez, Entrepreneur & Investor in Fashion, Technology, Finance and Food, United States of America
- Mr. Leonard Ariff Abdul Shatar, Group Managing Director of Duopharma Biotech Berhad
- Mr. Azmir Jaafar, Managing Director and Local Operating Partner of McDonald's Malaysia
- YBhg. Dato' Azman Shah Mohd Yusof, Chief Executive Officer of Northport Malaysia Berhad
- Mr. Henrik Björkqvist Eidvall, Senior General Manager - Singapore & Malaysia Consumer International Sales & Export Arla Foods, Denmark
- YBhg. Dato' Dr. Afifi Al-Akiti, Fellow of The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies and Orang Besar 8 Perak
- Mr. Mohamed Rafe Mohamed Haneef, Deputy President of Association of Islamic Banking and Financial Institutions Malaysia (AIBIM) / Chief Executive Officer of CIMB Islamic Bank berhad
- Mr. Jasani Abdullah, Chief Executive Officer of Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
- Mr. Mazlan Ahmad, Executive Chairman of Finterra
- YBrs. Dr. Khalid Abdul Hamid, Director of Service Industry Section, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- YM Engku Ahmad Kamel, Director Economics and Investment of Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
- Mr. Ahmad Khairuddin Abdul Rahim, Executive Director Manufacturing Development of Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- YBhg. Datuk Noripah Kamso, Chairman of Bank Rakyat
- YBhg. Datuk Dr. Zulkifli Ismail, Paediatricians and Paediatrics Cardiologist of Kumpulan Perubatan Johor (KPJ) Selangor Specialist Hospital
- YB. Dr. Afif Bahardin, Penang State Executive Councillor for Agriculture and Agro-based Industries, Rural Development and Health
- YBhg. Datuk Isham Ishak, Secretary General Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia
- Ms. Rabia Zargarpur, Fashion Entrepreneur, CEO and Creative Director of multi-award winning and pioneering Ethical Modest Designer Brand, "Rabia Z.", United Arab Emirates
- Prof. Ir. Sukoso, Head of Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Produk Halal, Ministry of Religious Affairs Indonesia
- Mr. Khalid S. Halawani, Commercial Adviser, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Ramlan Osman, Chief Transformation Officer of Vietnam Halal
- Mr. Wan Sazriz Wan Zaid, Chief Executive Officer of PMB Tijari Berhad
- Ms. Anida Salwani, Editor of Majalah Jelita
*The list is correct and tentative as of 30 March 2019. The organisers reserve the right to amend the list in the best interest of the conference.
- Who are among the renowned moderators for the WHC 2019?
Some of the renowned moderators expected at the WHC 2019 include:
- YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. Michael Yeoh, President of Kingsley Strategic Institute
- Ms Farah Rosley, Partner , Business Tax Services Ernst & Young Tax Consultants Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Mohammad Ali Shah, Head of Islamic Digital Economy & Fintech of Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation
- Mr. Richard Record, Lead Economist, Macroeconomic, Trade and Investment Global Practice of World Bank
- YBrs. Dr. Liyana Dhamirah Aminuddin, Internal Medicine Specialist and Lecturer of Faculty of Medicine, UiTM
- Mr. Faeez Fadhilah, Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder of Tripfez and Salam Standard
- Mr. Eizaz Azhar, General Manager of Commercial Division Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC)
- Mr. Nazril Idrus, Group CEO of Precession Capital Berhad
*The list is correct and tentative as of 28 March 2019. The organisers reserve the right to amend the list in the best interest of the conference.
- Who should attend WHC 2019?
- Government and Industry Leaders
- Halal Industry Players
- Academicians and Researchers
- Business and Trade Associations
- What are the benefits of attending WHC 2019?
The conference will provide the opportunity for many business leaders and halal stakeholders to raise their concerns on challenges faced in the global economy. It has also succeeded in channelling pertinent deliberations and resolutions which contributed towards enhancing Malaysia’s leading role in the development of the global halal industry. We are certain that a program of this nature can assist in transforming the economic and socio-economic well-being of any nation.
- How many participants are expected for WHC 2019?
The World Halal Conference welcomes more than 1,000 invited participants comprises of delegation members, industry leaders, researchers and many others who are committed to the development of global halal knowledge and global halal industry.
- Is there any admission fee?
The admission is free by invitation only.
- How do delegates/participants and media/press register for the event?
For registration and enquiries, our Secretariat can be contacted at 1-800-880-555 (within Malaysia) or +603 7965 5400 (outside Malaysia) between 9am to 6pm, Malaysia local time, Mondays to Fridays or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Malaysia time zone is GMT +8.
Note for the Media/Press: Pre-registration is encouraged. Please complete the Online Media Registration Form.
- Who should we contact for further information?
You are welcome to contact us at the following numbers and website address for further guidance.
For General and Programme Enquiries:
Mohammed Razif Othman
Tel: +603-7965 5419
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Media Enquiries:
PR & Media, Strategic Communication
Tel: +603-7965 5530
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Participation and On-site Enquiries:
Nur Alia Md Anuar
Tel: +603-7965 5400
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Overall Conference Management:
Faridah Mohd Ali
Tel: +603-7965 5523
Fax: +603 7965 5500