Who should we contact for further information?
What is World Halal Conference (WHC)?
The 12th World Halal Conference (WHC), a Thought Leadership platfom has become an established part of the calendar in Malaysia. It is one of Government’s strategies to make Malaysia as a global halal hub. WHC 2020 brings together Head of Governments, academia and captains of industry to discuss efforts made to facilitate the robust growth of the global Halal Economy. WHC has been recognised as the platform to enhance international networking and business relations amongst the stakeholders in the halal community.
- When and where will it be held?
The Conference and Parallel sessions will be held on 1 & 2 September 2020 at Level 3, Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Who is behind WHC 2020?
WHC 2020 is organised by the Halal Development Corporation (HDC) and hosted by Economic Planning Unit (EPU), Malaysia.
- World Halal Conference 2020 Theme :
Halal Community Driving the New World Economy
The Halal industry has always been of paramount importance to Malaysia as a Muslim-majority country. The Muslim population worldwide translates into a rising international demand for Halal products and services. Halal is accepted as a truly global industry and this ever-increasing globalization represents a vibrant opportunity for the global economy
Nevertheless, it also presents several challenges, to do with global attitudes and rapid technological change; hence it causes important responsibilities concerning the ethical governance and its harmonised regulation worldwide. With the current technology revolution, global integration becomes sudden and borderless. This is where by fostering a robust Halal Economy, these potentials can be explored.
WHC 2020 is the Thought Leadership platform to take realization forward in demonstrating that the Halal Economy has a vital role to assume its potential within the wider global economic returns.
- What are the highlights of WHC 2020?
The two-day event will feature:
1. Ambassadors Session : Empowering Halal Community (1 September 2020)
2. Ministerial Panel : Strengthening the Halal Ecosystem (1 September 2020)
3. Business Luncheon - (1 September 2020)
4. In Conversation with Thought leader experts (1 & 2 September 2020)
5. Captains of Industry Panel : Responsible Consumption And Production (1 September 2020)
6. Thought Leadership Parallel Session
- Global Perspective on Regulated Product – Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices (2 September 2020)
7. The Opportunities of Islamic Financing in Halal Economy (2 September 2020)
8. Halal Economy Trendsetters (2 September 2020)
9. Best Practices for halal industry (HDC Training) (1& 2 September 2020)
10.Halal Assurance System for halal industry (1 & 2 September 2020)
11.World Halal Week Gala Dinner
- Halal Excellence Awards (1 September 2020)
- What are the objectives of WHC 2020?
1. Platform for global halal stakeholders to explore abundance of opportunities within the Halal ecosystem;
2. Platform for global industry players to create business networks and deliberate on potential within Halal economy.
- Who are among the renowned speakers for the WHC 2020?
Some of the renowned speakers and panellists expected at the WHC 2020 include:
- The Hon. Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali, Minister of Economic Affairs, Malaysia
- The Hon. Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen, Secretary General of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- The Hon. Ebrahim Patel, Minister of Economic Development, South Africa
- The Hon. Nadim Mkarim, Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia & Cofounder of Gojek
- The Hon Senator Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin, Deputy Minister of Economic Affairs, Malaysia
- H.E. Maria Castillo Fernandez, Ambassador – Head of Delegation of European Union Delegation to Malaysia
- H.E. Emir Hadzikadunic, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- H.E. Bai Tian, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to Malaysia
- H.E. Lee Chi Beom, Ambassador-designate, Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Dr. Ab. Mumin Ab Ghani, Shariah Committee Chairman and Chairman of SC for Hong Leong MSIG Takaful Berhad
- Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus, Gabenor Central Bank, Malaysia
- Mr Ahmet Kudsi Arslan, Chairman of the Management Board, KT Bank AG, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Mr. Lee Lung Nien, Chief Executive Officer Citibank Berhad
- Ms. Anne Young-Scrivner Chief Executive Officer Godiva
- Mr. Frederic Lebas, Manufacturing Director, Danone Dumex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Ryuichi Nitta, Chief Executive Officer, NHF Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Gianluigi Formelli, APAC Chief Executive Officer, Unigra Food Processing Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
- Professor Jonathan A.J.Wilson PhD, Halal Branding Specialist
- Dr. Khalid Abdul Hamid, Director of Service Industry Section, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Malaysia
*The list is correct and tentative as of 24 December 2019. The organisers reserve the right to amend the list in the best interest of the conference.
- Who are among the renowned moderators for the WHC 2020?
Some of the renowned moderators expected at the WHC 2020 include:
- he Hon. Dato’ Teng Chang Khim, Chairman of Standing Committees for Investment, Industry & Commerce and Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) for State of Selangor
- Mr Ahmed A Khalid, Regional Head (Asia) Islamic Corporation for the Development of Private Sector, Islamic Development Bank
- Mr. Malek Ali, Founder of The Business Station (BFM)
- Mr. Kamarul Bahrin Harun, Astro Awani
- Ms. Haslinda Amin, Anchor Bloomberg Asia Pacific
- Ms. Shereen Bhan, Managing Editor of CNBC-TV18
- Mr. Eizaz Azhar, General Manager of Commercial Division Halal Development Corporation (HDC)
You are welcome to contact us at the following numbers and website address for further guidance.
For General and Programme Enquiries:
Afiq Affandi Sabri
Tel: +603-7965 5443
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Media Enquiries:
PR & Media, Corporate Communications
Tel: +603-7965 5530
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Participation and On-site Enquiries:
Mohamad Romzi Sulaiman
Tel: +603-7965 5433
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Overall Conference Management:
Faridah Mohd Ali
Tel: +603-7965 5523
Fax: +603 7965 5500