- What is World Halal Conference (WHC)?
The World Halal Conference (WHC) is a renowned annual conference hosting halal stakeholders in unison, to deliberate on a common platform the challenges facing the industry and the future outlook of the global halal industry.
- When and where will it be held?
The conference will be held on 4 April 2017 at Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Plenary sessions will be held on 5 April 2017
- Who is behind WHC 2017?
WHC 2017 is organised by the Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC) and hosted by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Malaysia.
- Theme Rationale :
World Halal Conference 2017: The Uprising Economy
There seems to be a silver lining appearing in the clouds for many global economies after a difficult 2016. The global trade and investments are expected to accelerate moderately in 2017-18, particularly for emerging markets and developing economies (EMDEs).
*With the real GDP projected to rise from a post-crisis low of 2.3% in 2016 to 2.7% and 2.9% in 2017 and 2018 respectively, growth in EMDEs is expected to pick up in 2017 and 2018, forecasted to be hovering at 4.2% and 4.6% respectively, a 24% jump from last year's modest 3.4% GDP growth. While the United States, the Eurozone and Japan are expected to be faring better than the rest in 2017, many low-income countries however, will continue to struggle as commodity prices is expected to remain low throughout the next two years.
The fundamentals of fair and just embedded within the core principles of Halal Economy has a lot more to offer in terms of redistribution and reallocation of wealth amongst the global population. A more equitable distribution of income may help accelerate growth and promote economic development. The poorer nations, and many of these are Muslim majority countries, have a higher propensity to consume. The redistribution of income will therefore increase consumption and thus aggregate demand, which will in turn, spur economic growth.
As such, the coming World Halal Conference seeks to address the following:
1) A relook and possible reform international trade policies and legislations to define what is 'fair' within a fair and equitable income distribution mechanism;
2) A deliberation to enhance existing Government facilitation mechanisms, including funding, capacity building, the strengthening of co-operation in political, economic as well as cultural fronts (e.g. One Belt, One Road);
3) To feature lifestyle trending of next generation in making real changes in the outside world, youth with a worldview to transform the nation with like-minded high calibre peers with new mind sets and new paradigms in life.
*Sourced from the World Bank Report
- What are the highlights of WHC 2017?
1. A Global Leaders Panel Session (4 April 2017)
2. A Ministerial Roundtable Session (4 April 2017)
3. Key Opinion Leader Session (4 April 2017)
4. Concurrent plenary sessions on specific components within the Halal eco-system (5 April 2017)
5. A Business Networking Galleria by WHC collaborating partners. (5 April 2017)
- What are the objectives of WHC 2017?
1. To receive endorsement for Malaysia as an important destination for intellectual discourse on Halal from across the globe.
2. To enhance Malaysia's thought leadership position as the trusted and innovative centre on knowledge for the Halal sector.
3.To provide an international platform for the global Halal community to discuss issues and challenges related to the development of the global Halal industry.
4. To enhance international networking and business relations among stakeholders to explore greater insights on the chosen theme.
5. To promote Malaysia as the Centre of Excellence for Halal Reference and Leadership.
- Who are among the renowned speakers for the WHC 2017?
Some of the renowned speakers and panellists expected at the WHC 2017 include:
1. YAB Dato' Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia.
2. The Hon. Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi, Patron, World Halal Conference.
3. YB. Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed, Minister of International Trade & Industry.
4. YB. Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar, Minister of Youth and Sports.
5. H.E. Drs. H. Muhammad Jusuf Kalla, Vice President of the Republic of Indonesia.
6. H.E. Pan Sorasak, Cambodian Minister of Commerce.
- Why is WHC 2017 an important platform for the international community?
We strongly believe that the linkages we form with other players in the Halal sector will help to address and resolve any obstacles and issues, whether in terms of technology, infrastructure, logistics, knowledge procurement, training, branding or banking and finance. WHC's key objective is not only to nurture growing business entities but also to provide them with definite pathways towards completing their own individual eco-systems.
WHC has always been recognized as the platform among global Halal stakeholders to work towards a common course of sharing new ideas and addressing challenges within the global Halal industry.
- What are the benefits of attending WHC 2017?
Participants will benefit from:
• The exchange of views, ideas and experience which are expected to increase the momentum of economic growth and harness innovativeness within the Halal ecosystem.
• The WHC, which is aimed at forging collaborations and enhancing networking among stakeholders to accelerate growth within the related Halal sectors.
- Who should attend WHC 2017?
• Government and Industry Leaders
• Industry Experts
• Venture capitalists
• Academicians and researchers
• Business community
- How many participants are expected for WHC 2017?
The World Halal Conference welcomes more than 1,000 invited participants from various backgrounds such as business leaders, government representatives, industry players and stakeholders.
- Is there any admission fee?
Admission is free and by invitation only.
- How do delegates/participants register for the event?
Please fill up the form. Upon screened, delegates/participants will receive and invitation with its registration number.
For Media/Press, registration is encouraged. Please complete the Media Registration Form.
- Who should we contact for further information?
You are welcome to contact us at the following numbers and website address for further guidance.
For General enquiries:
Mohammed Razif Othman
Stakeholder Management & Communications
Tel: +603-7965 5419
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media enquiries:
PR & Media, Stakeholder Management & Communications
Tel: +603-7965 5530
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Programme enquiries:
Seri Azalina Mohd Ghazalli
Tel: +603- 7965 5551
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Participation and On-site enquiries:
Tel: +603-7965 5518
Fax : +603-7965 5500
E-mail : email@example.com
For Overall Conference Management
Faridah Mohd Ali
Tel: +603-7965 5523
Fax: +603 7965 5500